Contracts & Agreements
James C Wolf, Esq.
James has more than 30 years of experience as a lawyer representing businesses, nonprofits, and individuals. James has also been a successful entrepreneur, co-founding and growing agriculture, renewable energy, technology, and healthcare businesses. James brings a unique multi-view perspective to his clients, providing legal expertise backed by deep business experience. James’ team includes lawyers, economists, marketing consultants, fundraisers, business plan writers, and financial advisors, who work together for a seamless delivery of services.
James is a member of the California State Bar, with law and business degrees from UC Davis and a bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University.
James grew up on the Central Coast, graduating from San Luis Obispo High. James enjoys the outdoors with his wife and kids. His ideal weekend includes giving surfing lessons to his kids in Cayucos, tidepooling at Estero Bluffs, or paddle boarding on the back bay, followed by pairing Santa Maria style bbq with local wine, together with family and friends…
Schedule a free 15-minute consultation.
30+ Years’ Business Law Experience Advising, Negotiating, and Drafting Legal Documentation for Growing Companies on the San Luis Obispo Coast.
Contracts and Agreements
- Structuring the Deal: represent Developer in negotiating with Equity investors and Senior Lenders
- Review and draft private securities offering: Private Placement Memoranda and related Agreements (Subscription, Loan, Escrow, Operating, etc.)
- Mergers and acquisitions: due diligence, exclusions, documentation, opinions, closing, etc., for stock purchase, asset purchase, joint venture
- Negotiate and draft agreements: Non-Disclosure Agreement, term sheet, Letter of Intent, shareholder agreement, special purpose entity formation, operating agreement, etc.
- Review, draft, and negotiate terms for purchase agreement, real property interests, licenses, etc.
- Negotiate and draft settlement agreements between parties
- Prepare mandamus actions to compel federal agency action on long delayed applications
- “Work-outs” – represent investors in troubled projects for example:
- Organizing “subscription” plan among investors to jointly fund litigation
- Investor take-over of defunct nursing home project
- Compensation for lost investment in electric car manufacturer
- Obtaining new sponsorship for hospice project
- Coordinating litigation strategies among different investor groups.
- Due diligence analysis of potential investments
- Anti-Money Laundering compliance: advise, structure, and document complex sources of funds
- Review and consult with hiring managers on feasibility of hiring workers
- Prepare and file applications for work permits and permanent residence for key foreign employees
- Prepare employee handbooks and best practices for employee hiring, on-going relationship, and termination
- Represent employers in Dept of Labor audits
- Review labor issues and advise as to potential liability
- Guide executive team on legal eligibility, feasibility, and best practices
- Corporate governance: board meetings, compliance, documentation
- Direct and coordinate IP and litigation work of outside counsel
- Review business issues and advise as to potential liability
- Prepare comments submitted to federal agencies in rulemaking process